Online store for track sectionals / Cubby Hole: Please see the Cubby Hole link for track apparel. We are also having team t-shirts made for all team members. Let us know if you have any questions.
Sectional Information: Those who are competing in tomorrow's meet, based on the roster below, will be our Sectional athletes. These athletes will be competing at tomorrow's meet, and begin Sectional only practice sessions next week.
You can now sign up for Reminds from the track coach. Download the REMIND app and enter this information.
IESA Track & Field 4A Sectional #7
- Date: Saturday, May 14 at 10:00am. Rain date: Monday, May 17; time, TBD.
- Location: Morton High School (Carper Field).
- Bus Parking: Parking will be an issue on Friday since school is in session. Buses are NOT to park in the Morton High School or Bethel Church parking lot. They should return to school or park down the road at McClallen Park (East side of town).
- Admission Prices: $5.00 – Adults/HS Students; $3.00 – K-8 Students/Seniors.
- Spectator Limits: Our capacity limits doubles with the Bridge Phase, so there will be no spectator limits. Masking is expected unless vaccinated or socially distanced.
Concession Stand: A full concession stand will be available with pizza, gondolas, Chick-fil-A, candy, hot and cold drinks.
ORDER OF EVENTS
BJHS Track and Field Protocols for Attendance, Discipline, and Eligibility
Attendance at all practices is expected. If you are unable to attend practice due to an illness, medical appointment or family emergency, you or your parent or guardian must notify a coach prior to the practice to be missed. Regular practice attendance is a factor that will be used to determine meet eligibility and unapproved absences may result in less competitive meet opportunities. Practices the day immediately prior to a meet are especially important as critical information is often reviewed during this pre-meet practice. Please ask one of your coaches if you need any additional information or have specific questions regarding practice attendance policies.
We expect track athletes to uphold the highest levels of conduct while at school and during practice. The following protocol will be used to address egregious violations of school codes of conduct:
Incident 1: Conversation with student and parent notification
Incident 2: Conference with student and parent - Possible meet suspension
Incident 3: Possible removal from the team
Please make sure to stay academically eligible. Eligibility is posted by teachers on Friday afternoon and runs Saturday through Saturday. Failure in just one class makes you ineligible for the entire week. Three incidences of ineligibility will result in removal from the team. Please let your coaches know if you are struggling with any of your classes and we will work with you to help support you!
Spectators at Home Meets:
At this time spectators are allowed to attend home meets but we ask that everyone invite only members of their immediate household. Spectators will be required to wear a mask at all times, even when outside, socially distanced and even if fully vaccinated. Spectators should remain at least 12 feet away from any competitors or event areas and should socially distance themselves from other spectators.
Bus question: We strongly encourage all track athletes to ride the bus to and from all away events. The athletic transportation we provide meets all McLean County Health Department and Illinois Department of Public Health COVID safety mitigations. Students will be seated only 1 person per seat and masks are required while on the bus.
If a parent/guardian is strongly opposed to having their athlete ride the bus during this time, then the following actions must be taken by the parent or guardian:
Athletes must have a signed permission slipfrom their parent or guardian to not ride the bus and it must be approved by coaches in advance of the event.
2. Parents or guardians must transport to and from the event and meet the BJHS bus at the eventlocation. The parent or guardian must stay with their child until the BJHS bus arrives and unloads the other students. Students must stay with the track team until the end of the meet and will then be signed out by their coach to their parent or guardian only.
- Transport must be done by parents or guardians listed in Skyward. Athletes may not ride with friends, older siblings, etc.
Coach M (from the high school) will be working with our Knight Pole Vaulters on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15 - 4:30. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, the pole vaulters should attend the practice with his/her running group.