Home of the BJHS KNIGHTS
901 Colton Avenue
Bloomington, IL 61701
Office Phone - 309-827-0086
Weekly Schedule and Athletic Annoucements
Football Informational MeetingOn Monday, May 17 at 3:00pm the Bloomington High School football coaches will host a zoom informational meeting for any current 8th grade students who are interested in joining the football program next year. The summer is an important and helpful time for both players and coaches to get both acquainted and prepared for the upcoming season. A summer practice calendar will be provided during this meeting.Please use the provided link below to attend the football informational meeting.Coach Godfrey- Football Zoom Link – https://district87.zoom.us/
j/95930882271Please email Coach Godfrey (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Weekly Competition Schedule
No Spectators at indoor events at this time. Streaming links will be available, see below.
Date Event Opponent Game Time Bus Time Monday 5/10 Nothing on the schedule Tuesday 5/11 Nothing on the schedule Wednesday 5/12 Nothing on the schedule Thursday 5/13 Wrestling East Peoria Central JHS Away 4:30 2:15 Friday 5/14 Track Sectionals @ Morton High School Away 10:00 (2 Buses) 8:15 Saturday 5/15 Nothing on Schedule
New mask protocols for Track and Field can be found at this link:FACIAL COVERINGS
- Student Athletes- Athletes are not required to wear facial coverings while actively participating outdoors. However, when not actively participating outdoors, facial coverings must be worn.
- Officials â?" Officials may remove their face covering in circumstance where they are socially distanced.
- Coaches and Spectators- Must wear a face covering at all times.
INDIVIDUAL RUNNING EVENTS:
- All Sprint Events and Relays: Athletes may be placed in every lane.
- Distance Events (800, 1600): Multiple heats may be necessary for middle/long distance events with a large number of runners. Another efficient way to accommodate a larger number of runners could be through use of a double waterfall or alley start on tracks that are marked appropriately for this.
Practice Schedule: Wrestling room 6:00-8:00pm, Mon-Fri
April 12-16, 19-23, 26-30
May 3-7, 10-14, 17-21, 24-28
Wrestling Website: http://bjhswrestling.weebly.com/
Please check the BJHS Athletic Webpage for current information https://il02212106.schoolwires.net/domain/1912
Coach Denny Herald email@example.com
District 87 Athletics is proud to announce that we will be providing live stream options for our home athletic events. COVID-19 has greatly restricted our ability to have in person spectators and we hope these live stream options provide you with a way to safely watch and support your favorite Knight teams.For indoor events at Bloomington Junior High (basketball, volleyball and wrestling) we will stream events using Facebook Live.Be sure to like and follow: Facebook.com/
district87athleticsThank you for your continued support of Raider athletics.
We look forward to bringing you top notch broadcasts of our home athletic events!